In September 2011 the long-awaited changes to our Adult Guardianship Laws were passed in the Legislature. The amendments bring some welcome changes to estate planning documents. Documents affected by Bill 32 are:((See highlights)
- Powers of Attorney (for financial matters)
- Representation Agreements (for health and personal care)
- Advance Directives – Introduction to health care providers, family
- Likewise, there are changes coming in succession legislation affecting Wills and Estate Administration.
- For the latest information on estate and incapacity planning, please contact Laurie Salvador of Salvador Davis & Co. at 250-656-3951 or toll free 1-866-956-3951